Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Nurses Are Like That Species of Monkey That Preys, Kills and Eats Their Own Kind



I have been a registered nurse for about 4 years, and I have to say that I find myself relating less and less to this type of "person". From my personal experience I can confidently say that nurses are like that species of monkeys in Africa that prey, kill and eat their own kind.

But why. Why aren't nurses kind and caring and helpful to other nurses? Isn't that what everybody thinks they are?

It's beyond me. I know that nurses have a very positive perception, but when you are a nurse yourself, you know otherwise.
Maybe it's the areas that I have worked in? Maybe it's only the nurses that I have worked with?
All I can say is that I find myself becoming more distant to this profession because of how it treats its own.

If you are a nurse, when you go to work next, see if you can identify a bully and then identify the victims. It's usually pretty hard to stand up to nurse bullies. They are usually very senior, have been working in that place for over two decades, and have a big possy. But if you are a victim it can be so bad that you don't want to come to work, you feel depressed when you go home, or you even lose your job.

I'm not sure what I want to get out of this, but I just want people to be aware that nurses aren't magically nice and kind. They can be mean and nasty.




No comments:

Post a Comment