Monday, August 26, 2013

A love story


This summer has been a summer of love. Whether it was new friendships, new favorite beaches, or love aches, it is safe to say that love has played a major role. 







One love story is that of my best friend Melissa. I have known her since the 8th grade. We have been through really significant events in our lives together, and coming up is one of her most significant events: her wedding day. I remember when we were in high school and my mom would always console Melissa on the phone after a break up. My mom would say “Melissa, you are beautiful and smart, and he’s not the one for you”. Well my mom was right. Because she’s marrying Sean. He’s the one for her. 

My idea of true love has changed a lot since high school. I remember thinking that I was in love with Kevin from the Backstreet Boys. Love used to be an infatuation, a complete obsession. Now I think of love as this really special thing that I hope to feel one day. I mean to be honest, I have not had the most success with love. But that’s okay, because I have been able to spend a lot of time with myself and now I know what I expect of my future lover. 

Back to Melissa’s wedding. It is this weekend and I just can’t believe it’s already here. Melissa is my babe. She’s so sweet, generous, kind, and loving. One of my favorite memories is going shopping together for 9 hours. My mom didn’t believe that we were actually shopping for 9 hours, she thought we had gone somewhere else and drank, and no matter what we said, she never believed that we were in a mall for 9 hours. I also remember going to get pizza after the bar in Victoria, and we would go right behind the counter, say hi to Yash, and take some pizza, and head out. And our infamous trips to Vancouver where we would stay at the Landis and once again, go shopping for hours. 


I’m so excited to spend the night before her wedding with Melissa. I know she will probably get really emotional, really happy, really sad, really happy again, and then probably fall asleep. I’m glad that I will be with her through all of it. And then on her wedding day we are getting up at 5:00am to get ready! 

I just can’t believe my love is getting married. But I know she’s marrying the right guy because I know she will not change when she’s married. Sean lets Melissa be herself all day every day. I love them both so much. 

Love. Laugh. Beauty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment