Monday, February 4, 2013

Paleo 1 Year Anniversary Menu

I can't believe it! My Paleo 1 year anniversary is only a few weeks away. It's really amazing how much my food choices, habits, preferences, and cravings have changed over the past year. This has been one of the easiest lifestyle changes I have ever made, and I can only imagine that I will continue creating fantastic meals for the rest of my long life. 

Here are some of the major changes that I have seen regarding my food intake:


  1. I used to only eat dry chicken breast. Now I eat every last piece of that delicious chicken. Including his spine. 
  2. I used to pick off all of the fat that was around my steak. Now I pick steaks that have fat marbling throughout. 
  3. I used to eat only lean dry meats. Now I specifically eat fatty meats, and this includes delicious pigs and their crackling skin. 
  4. I used to never eat nuts because they are too fatty. Now I can't keep nuts in the house because I will devour them. I limit myself to 1kg of nuts/week. 
  5. I used to eat a lot of empty calories like candy, popcorn, rice. I haven't had candy in almost a year, and the same with rice. 
  6. I used to eat only egg whites. Now I eat at least 2 whole eggs every day. 
  7. I used to eat very little for breakfast. Now I eat very large breakfasts and almost anything, including steak, pork chops, and salmon.
  8. I used to be good at cooking. Now I'm amazing at cooking. 
In honor of my dedication for the last year, I am having a celebration night for myself. This is my night. I'm going to go all out. Here is the menu that I have planned for this special occasion:

Paleo 1 Year anniversary menu


Appetizers
  • fresh shucked oysters
  • patte
  • marinated artichoke hearts
  • olives
  • roasted/salted nuts
  • pepperoni/cured meats
  • crab stuffed mushrooms
  • smoked salmon
  • dried seaweed
  • bacon chips

Mains
  • roasted veggies
  • prime rib roast
  • sauteed ground beef/mushroom/onion/garlic
  • sushi
  • ceasar salad 

Dessert
  • dark chocolate
  • coconut flakes/chips
  • dates
  • dried cranberries
  • pineapple 

Beverages
  • Sea Cider
  • Red Wine
  • Diet Coke

No comments:

Post a Comment