Monday, January 7, 2013

CaveGirls Are Power Smart

Since the beginning of November I have been living with my fantastic roommate, Kelly. We have such a great time together. We have coffee. We do yoga. We even eat chicken!

But...

We also pay really expensive Hydro bills...to be exact, it's about $115. Before moving in with Kelly, I always rented places that included heat and hot water. So today I took it upon myself to give BC Hydro a call.

I have a plan! I will make a conscious effort to be Power Smart. My goal is to have our next bill around $100.  I think that's an achievable goal. I will use many tools to help me achieve this goal. Here they are.




Power Smart 101

  • Turn all heaters down to at least 15
  • Turn off all heaters when leave the apartment
  • Turn off unnecessary lights
  • Wash clothes in cold water
  • Only use dryer for linens
  • Don't run the shower for 5 minutes before I get in
  • Try to shower at the gym
  • Change lightbulbs to energy efficient
  • Don't pre-heat the oven for 1 hour
  • Unplug things when you aren't using them
  • Light candles
I think this is a great start.  I know some of these things seem obvious and insignificant, but I have to start somewhere and I am excited to see if I can reach my goal. 

Happy saving!

xoxo CaveGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment