Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Breakfast Scramble with Fresh Mint

I love breakfast. I love it in the morning, and I love it with coffee, and I love the routine, and I love how it makes me feel and I love starting my day with a happy full belly.

A few comments about my recipes. I focus on the natural benefits of each ingredient.
1. For example, I eat a lot of onions. They have very high natural anti-bacterial properties and if you heat them up, they really don't taste like anything. I guess I use them as a natural filler for a lot of recipes.

2. I use cinnamon on everything. Whenever I eat fruit, I pour a whole load of cinnamon on top. I also use it to sweeten up recipes without using sugar. It helps to stabilize blood sugar and keep your hunger down.

3. Cayenne powder or Tabasco sauce is amazing if your goal is weight loss. It will naturally speed up your metabolism and add flavour without adding calories.

4. No more salt. For those of you who personally know me, you know that I used to over-use salt. I would lick on a salt stick if I could. But once you cut it out, after about 10 days, you won't miss it. Do not add salt to ANYTHING. Sodium is naturally found in a lot of foods, so just go with that.

Breakfast Scramble with Fresh Mint


1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 diced mushroom
1/2 diced tomato
1 egg
1 splash of Almond milk
2 tbsp Hot salsa
1 bunch of fresh mint
3 sliced strawberries
Cinnamon
Cracked black pepper
Cayenne powder


Take 1 tsp of coconut oil and put it into a little frying pan. Add your onions and heat over medium. 





When your onions are kind of see through, add cracked black pepper and cayenne powder (as much as you want). Then add mushrooms and tomatoes. Saute on low heat for 5 minutes. 




In a little bowl mix your almond milk, egg, and salsa. Add more cracked black pepper here. 



Pour your mixture into the frying pan. Cover with a lid and cook over low heat for 6-8 minutes. Do not open the lid until it's done (it will become fluffier if you don't take the lid off).



Put your sliced strawberries onto your place and cover with cinnamon. 



Place your fresh mint into a side bowl. You'll eat this mint alongside the meal. Add finished scramble to the plate and make yourself a cup of coffee. Enjoy! 








No comments:

Post a Comment